Thursday, June 12, 2008

Golf - Players Park

With an evening bike ride tonight, I didn't want to do too much today, so decided to try a round of golf, of the pitch-and-putt variety. Players Park has nine par 3s, all under 100 yards, and since this was my first round of any kind in at least 10 years, that seemed like the right place to start. I took 3 clubs - an 8 iron, a pitching wedge, and a putter. And now, what would golf coverage be without the inevitable analysis :-)

I hit the PW from the tee on every hole and used the 8 iron for chipping. Mostly, I hit the PW pretty straight, unless I swung hard, in which case I pulled it. I hit 3/9 greens and had 4/9 pars - not bad. On the down side, I had two 3-putts and two 6s. The first came on the opening hole, where I didn't quite have the touch yet, and the second came on an OB that also involved a lost ball. Overall, I was +1 over bogeys, with a 37, and I can certainly live with that.

With that, I think it's time to try a more demanding par 3 course, like Barney Road or Whispering Pines.

No comments:

Post a Comment