Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Golf - Clifton Knolls

Clifton Knolls is a 9-hole mostly par 3 course, with one very short par 4. I decided to try this instead of things that would take longer, because the weather was iffy this morning. Things started off well, when I was given the senior rate, "because you have a grey beard." Not sure if that's a good thing or not...

Overall, I was surprised to be able to hit most of my irons very straight, though always a good 20-30 yards shorter than I was expecting. I underclubbed on almost every hole, but at least always stayed in play. Not sure if that shortness is an age thing, an easy swing thing, the age of the golf balls, or what, but it wasn't all bad. For the 9 holes, par 28, I shot a 37, bogey golf, and was rather pleased with myself after all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment