Sunday, November 15, 2009

Biking - In Shorts, in November

This year, it's like October and November got reversed somehow. After a very cool and unsettled October, the first half of November, for the most part, has been unseasonably warm and dry. There's still half a month to go, and literally anything can happen, but to have this many days in the 60s so far in November is quite a treat.

After standing outside yesterday in the remnants of Tropical Storm Ida, while helping a friend make some repairs to his dock on Great Sacandaga Lake, and then spending this morning on some fairly tedious business paperwork, I needed to get out on the bike. I had bigger ideas than the ultimate reality when I left the house, but decided en route to Grant Hill that I really didn't feel like climbing it today. So I settled for a mostly flat 19 miles, and when I'd finished, that felt like enough.

My old 10-speed is now set up on the trainer in the basement, and it's time to start getting in some more regular riding. Outdoors is only catch-as-catch-can this time of year, and it's just not enough to maintain any kind of fitness level.

No comments:

Post a Comment