Monday, March 24, 2008

Biking - Local Roads

Sunny, 40ish, and relatively calm - good day for a ride. Kings/Old State/Siver/Willow/Foundry, then up Grant Hill to Ostrander/146/French's Hollow/Fuller Station. Grant Hill was easier than I expected, though I probably used lower gears than I would later in the season. When I got to US20, I didn't feel like I was ready to quit yet, so I headed west to NY158 and came back County Line to West Lydius to Hamburg and home. Just under 23 miles total, and I felt pretty good. The seat was comfortable, my legs were strong, and it was just nice to be out there for a while. I could tell that was about enough, though, when my legs complained a bit climbing the short uphill over the bridge on Hamburg as I got close to home.

Meanwhile, the Gitane now has new cables all around, the wheels are mounted and trued, the chain is cleaned, and about the only thing left is to wipe off last year's grit and lube the chain. Need to get it out for a 15-ish test ride sometime this week, weather permitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment