Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Disc golf - Schenectady Central Park

It was a rain-free morning, but things needed to dry out for a while before I could squeeze in mowing the lawn before the expected afternoon thunderstorms.  So I headed over to Central Park for some disc golf for the first time in about 3 weeks, not expecting any scoring miracles after that long layoff.  On the first hole, I hit nearby trees on the first 3 successive shots, and thought I'd be in for a long morning.  But then I settled down and threw for a 65 and then a 62 (par 57), both better than my average, and not bad at all considering I hadn't been out recently.

The park was abuzz with maintenance workers, mostly mowing the lawns, which were very wet.  My feet were soaked by the time I finished, but I'd salvaged part of a day that promised to be messy later on.  Got home in time to catch the end of today's stage of the Giro d'Italia bike race from Italy, then had lunch and mowed the lawn.  T'storms are now on the way, but at least the day wasn't a total waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment