Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Biking - Easy Flat Lunch Ride

After Sunday's 100km, and then waking up yesterday with a cold and feeling very fatigued, I couldn't stand the thought of spending yet another fine late summer day hanging around the house. So I laid out an easy 32-mile route that included lunch at Indian Ladder Farms, packed some tissues, and hit the road. It was already near 70 and sunny by late morning, and just a gorgeous day to be out. My legs had mostly recovered, and the minor rollers on this ride were easily conquered. After Sunday's hill-fest, it felt good to just get out and cruise. Indian Ladder's cafe had a problem today with extremely slow service, so I bailed out and headed to Altamont, where I had a sandwich at Subway before continuing home.

Around the corner from my house, on NY146 (NYS Bike Route 5), I noticed a bike tourist checking his maps on the side of the road, so I pulled over to talk. He's biking from Portland to New York City, and has been on the road only 6 weeks! From there, he's joining the Climate Ride to Washington at the end of September. We had an interesting conversation about things touring and TransAm and continued on our separate ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment