Monday, November 3, 2008

Walk - Pine Bush Preserve and Rensselaer Lake

I'm a little sore from yesterday's run, so didn't want to overdo today, but it was another nice day, so I got out for a couple miles of easy walking. I parked at Six-Mile Waterworks Park at Rensselaer Lake, off Fuller Road in Albany (#3 on the first map below), and followed the paved trails beneath the Northway where they connect with some trails in a section of the Pine Bush that I'd never visited before (#2). It was a nice area, and apparently well-used, despite the constant noise of traffic not far in the distance.



On the way back, after crossing back under the Northway, I tried to follow some faint unmarked paths around the north side of the lake, but they faded out and I gave up. It's clear from the aerial photo above that the railroad tracks and a broken causeway both would have made that route impossible anyway.

Once I got back to the park via the original route, I sat on a bench and just enjoyed the scenery for a bit before heading home.

No comments:

Post a Comment