Thursday, May 20, 2010

Biking - SWC Thursday night beer and pizza ride

It was a warm breezy evening, and the perfect night for a ride. Several of us started out on an 18-20 mile ride along the north side of the Mohawk River from Clifton Park. After descending to River Road, the hammer-fest began. Terry took off out front, and I led the rest of the "peloton" at about 17-18 mph to Vischer Ferry, where I pulled aside and let Dennis take over. I also decided at that point to slow down and ride my own ride. Judy and Marilyn agreed, and we also decided to cut short the planned ride and take it easy back to the beer and pizza at the host's house where we had started.

For some reason, these Thursday night SWC rides always get going much faster than I usually ride, and tonight, I was as guilty as anybody else. It's fun for a while, but it's just not my normal style. It was a real pleasure to just relax and enjoy the rest of the ride at a leisurely pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment